Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hopes for Trip to Ghana

Tomorrow I'll be leaving for Ghana, where I'll be living for three weeks.  I'll be doing some research on the history of education but also working to pair classrooms here, in the Portland Area and Oregon, with classrooms in Accra and Kumasi.  It's been wonderful to meet so many teachers and students who are excited about sharing letters or other student work across the ocean.  A Ghanaian teacher recently wrote to say that these efforts will further "global understanding."  The students I've talked to are excited about making new friends and learning how the lives of people far away are similar to and different from their own.  I look forward to what these new friendships will teach them--and the rest of us.  I know that we have much to learn from each other.  Above is a photo of my research assistant, who will be joining me for the last nine days of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment